Well, I was going to write a fairly emo post in response to the latest violent acres post, but instead I decided that I'll write about cars I think will be collector cars in the future, and some explanations of why. Note that I'm going to avoid really obvious ones, like a Bugatti EB110, and the Koenigsegg CCX.
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) V-Spec II Nur
Probably the best example of Japanese muscle. This car is so well tuned that in racing they have to disable the 4-wheel steering, and give it a 50kg weight penalty. The RB26DETT engine is well regarded as one of the best built engines ever. It's been known to output nearly 700bhp with only light modifications, and up to 1400bhp and still be streetable. These are cars made for the 0-300kph competitions.
Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
Even just the look of these cars is great. Not only are they exceedingly rare to find unmodified and still in good condition, but they are also known throughout the tuner world as stiff competition for nearly any kind of event. The 3.0L twin-turbo engine is truly a force to be reckoned with.
Toyota Sera
It's a consumer car with gullwing doors. That right there instantly makes it worth collecting. That's even before knowing that they didn't make that many of them, and that they're only available in Japan.
Mazda (Efini) RX-7 Spirit R (FD)
I've got a friend with one of these. They are amongst the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. The performance in nearly unheard of for such a small displacement engine, and it's a marvel of modern engineering.
Subaru Impreza WRX STi (Type1, Type4)
These are the two STi models that best exemplify the car. The Type1 ('98) model is basically a rally car in street form, and is hardly ever seen. The Type4 ('04) model is probably the most aggressive looking STi ever made. The EJ25 engine is pretty stout as well. But nothing screams barely legal like the massive wing and exhaust.
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI
This is not only the fastest model of EVO, but also the most renowned. I honestly can't think of much to say about this car, it pretty much just speaks for itself. Just the fact that nearly everyone knows what this car is, and what it can do shows why it should be in this list.
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Nothing screams American muscle like the Viper. It's got a V10 engine that puts out 500bhp and an unimaginable amount of torque. The look is awesome too, with the long front hood, and the wide rear tires, you know the car is not something to be messed with.
Hummer H1-Alpha
Pretty much the originator of the SUV era. Just for that fact, it's instantly collectible. But just look at it, what kid (or grown up kid) wouldn't want to drive that around? It's like owning your own personal tank.
Honda Civic Type R (EG6)
When you think cheap performance, the Honda Civic always comes up. The EG6 Type R is probably the most recognizable of all the civics. With its rounded hatchback rear, and blazing performance, it's wanted by all who know about it.
Honda NSX Type-R Zero (Gen 2)
This largely underrated car is probably what I'd consider to be the ultimate collector car in the future. The performance that this car gave was outlandishly fast, and it looked pretty much like a space ship. These cars were rare and powerful. Even to this day it holds its own on the race track beating out competition like the M5 and M6.
So there's the list and all my reasonings. I suppose this may as well be labeled "cool cars" but then I'd have to make the list significantly longer.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment